Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Book Checkouts and Recommendations

Hello everyone! 
Today, I'd like to share a few items from my reading area.  The first is the "Books We Love" binder.  I keep the binder in the reading area, so students can easily see what their peers are recommending.  I gave the cover a makeover, and here it is.  
Each page is a different genre.  Students record the book title and author on the page with the corresponding genre.  Now students have an easy way see all the great books their peers are reading.
  
The second binder I would like to share is my Book Check Out binder.  This cover also received a makeover.
Each book in my classroom library has an index card with the book title on it.  In order for students to check out a book, they remove the card and place it in the library pocket with his/her number on it.  It is a pretty basic system, but it works better than anything else I've tried.  I did jazz it up a little with fun library pockets in the binder.                                                                                                                                                                                                          
                                                             
You can get both binder covers, along with side labels for a one-inch binder for free by clicking here.


This is my first product on TPT. Let me know if you have any problems downloading, viewing, or printing.  Thank you!


I found these great digital papers on Etsy.  They were created by KlouiseDigiArt the design is Summer Mixed Patterns and Colours.

I'm always looking for new ways to do things.  How do you have students check out books?

2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of your check out method. I have tried lots of ways, but yours seems the most practical and least amount of up keep. Thanks!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's definitely not perfect, but it works pretty well. This year I'm going to try having a student committee to help monitor my books. We'll see how that goes.

      Mary

      Delete