Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Made It

Today I am linking up with Tara at Fourth Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.
Made It #1

This week, I have spent quite a bit of time working on my writing center.  One of my big goals in writing workshop is to provide students with choice as often as possible.  When students are stuck for an idea, I like for them to have a place to go to be inspired.  Also, I like to encourage writing about a variety of genres.  Keeping these to goals in mind, I decided to post a variety different writing genres for students to choose from.  So far I have 21.
Unfortunately, the best place to put this is next to an outlet because I have limited wall space, but it works.
Here is a close up version of part of the display.
You can get the heading and all 21 writing ideas for free by clicking here.
Made It #2

I gave the supply drawers in the writing center a makeover.

Here is a close up on one set so you can get a better view.

Made It #3

Last year I used story starters from Tara at 4th Grade Frolics.  I used her Silly Story Starters and Fall/Halloween Story Starters.  My students really enjoyed this option in writing workshop.  It was especially helpful for those who were stuck on what  to write.  This year, I decided to add her Squirrely Story Starters and Funny Bunny Story Starters to my writing options.  They won't all be available at all times.  I switch things out in my writing center quite regularly.

I also made a new label for my story starters.
I'm looking forward to sharing my completed writing center with you later this week.

Made it #4

I made over the drawers in my teacher area.

Made It #5

Finally, I made over the binder covers for Book Recommendations and Book Check Out.  You can read about how I use them here, and you can get them for free here.


That's it for this week.  I'm excited to check out what everyone else has been up to.

**All digital paper for these projects was purchased from Etsy.  The store I used was Klouise DigiArt.

5 comments:

  1. Love your drawer makeovers! I've been meaning to do that to some of my drawers. Was it hard?

    - Pam
    Moments to Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I made a template, it was pretty easy. The only tricky part was cutting around the handle. It sticks out on the inside. It was worth it though. Huge improvement.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Mary

      Delete
  2. I love your supply drawers! I may need to do that with mine!! I've nominated your for the Liebster Award and award for bloggers with less than 200 followers. You can read my blog post for more information.
    http://rachelatalldrinkofwater.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-liebster-awardtwice.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been very busy this week! Love everything you made!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! I starting following your blog.I love the design and am going on Amazon next to buy those science books. They look fantastic. You have done an amazing job on your blog! I am a real newbie and I hope one day my blog looks as nice! LeAnn
    4thgrade4ever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete