Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Five for Friday

Hello Everyone!  Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.
fiveforfriday2
I had a great week back at school.  My new students are wonderful. This week has been super busy, but I've enjoyed it.  Here are five random things from my week.
School Stuff
One of the final things I made before school started was an End of the Day Checklist.  You can get this here for free, if you are interested.

My Fabulous Family
This week my parents celebrated their wedding anniversary. They have been married for 47 years!
I couldn't ask for better role models or a better support system.
A Pinspired Meal
A while back, I pinned this recipe from allrecipes.com for lemon cream pasta with chicken.  I tried it this week.  I am a big veggie fan, so I added broccoli, peppers, and carrots.  It turned out great - perfect to reheat for school lunches.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-cream-pasta-with-chicken/  I add broccoli, red pepper, and carrots.
Fitness Fun
I tried some of these exercises from fitsugar.com.  They are supposed to be the best core exercises for runners.  I felt them the next day, so something is working.  I'll keep them in my rotation, for sure.
Around the House
This week was was extremely busy.  Most of my time was spent planning and getting to know my students.  I didn't have any time to work on house projects.  However, I am extremely happy with my garden this year.  I don't think I ever had begonias grow this high.  I wish I could take credit, but I have to give that up to Mother Nature this year.
Well, that's it for me.  I'm looking forward to checking out what everyone else has been up to.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your parents! That is fantastic! My parents are celebrating 35 years in October. Those exercises look fantastic. I am going to have to try them.

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear your school year is starting well! Also, congratulations to your parents! I might have to add those core exercises to my routine!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your begonias are beautiful. I just love them! They never grow very well for me so kudos to you! Congrats also to your parents on 47 years. What an awesome accomplishment!

    By the way, did you know that you are a “no reply blogger?” This means that when you leave a comment on another blog, the blogger can’t reply to you via email. You can visit www.ideasbyjivey.blogspot.com and click on “Techy Tips” if you want to fix that. ;v)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad! Love your end of day checklists! Perfect! Maybe I should try those core exercises!!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your end of the day checklist! That's an area that really needs improvement this year for me. :-)

    Corrina
    From Mrs. Allen's Teaching Files

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your parents! The pasta dish looks really good. You should link up this post onto my linky party - Healthy Habits, Happy Teachers. You can find it on my blog. I'm a runner, so I need to try those exercises and the website you got them from.

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete