Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Five for Friday

Hello Everybody!  Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.  
fiveforfriday2
Here are five random things from my week.

I went to Target and bought a bungee chair for my classroom.  This year, I am fortunate enough to have a class size of 18.  I'm so excited to have room for a reading corner, but I'm having the students earn it - piece by piece.  I'm looking forward to sharing the whole thing when it is finished.  
RE Bungee Chair


I updated my Teacher Binder.  I made one of these last year.  I loved it, but it was way too small.  I'm not sure why I decided to go with a 1/2 inch binder last year.  Anyway, now I have a 1 1/2 inch binder, and several new dividers.  I went with the plastic dividers that have pockets. That way, I can bring the binder to meetings and keep papers in the pockets.  When I get back to my room, I can hole punch them.


We had two big events at school this week.  The first was Meet the Teacher on Tuesday night.  I enjoyed meeting the parents. I am fortunate to be in a district with very supportive parents.

The second event was our back to school assembly.  I was on the committee that organized this, so five of my students were able to speak in front of the school about what it means to them to be a student here.  I was unbelievably impressed when one of my brand new students volunteered to do this.  He hadn't even been in the school for two weeks yet, and he already felt like he belonged.  My heart absolutely melted.

We started using Kidblog this week.  We are in the stage of trying it out, but so far, my students love it.  This was one of those things that I just had to do.  I will learn and expand as I go.  Some of my students used it last year.  They are eager to help, and I am eager to learn.
14 New Kidblog Features You're Guaranteed to Love.

I found a great recipe to reheat for school lunches.  Here is a recipe I pinned for a healthy version of broccoli and chicken Alfredo from celebrations.com.  This recipe uses Greek yogurt and olive oil as healthy substitutions for heavy cream and butter.  I added carrots and red peppers because I'm big on eating my veggies.  It turned out great!
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo (uses Greek yogurt and olive oil instead of heavy cream and butter)
I hope everyone had a great week.  Enjoy the long weekend!  I'm off to see what everyone else has been up to.

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. I was excited to see that you're using the Leader in Me at your school. We've been using it in our school for the last three years, and I really like it. I like the way it allows kids to step up to the plate and take responsibility for things. I'm going to have to check out Kidblog. My sixth grade class is filled with kids who have facebook pages, instagram accounts, and youtube channels. These kids are "digital natives!"
    Thanks for the recipe, too. Looks healthily delicious. Like you, I love my veggies, and I love leftovers for lunch.
    Marion
    MentoringintheMiddle
    P.S. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can delete the "Prove I'm not a robot" part of your comment section. Go to this link to see how it's done. http://ideasbyjivey.blogspot.com/p/we-are-not-robots-we-swear.html

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recipe suggestion. That looks wonderful. I will have to try that out this week for dinner!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe looks delicious! I would like to try Kidblog too! Keep me posted on how you like it.
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete