Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Made It

Hello Everyone!  It's officially crunch time.  My regular work schedule starts back next week.  (Students start 8/19.) Today I am linking up with Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.  Here are the things that helped me put a small dent in my to do list.
Made It #1
I made a set of classroom numbers.  I love the background paper from Kelly Medina Studios and the KB BlackOut font, but I couldn't decide if I liked the pink or black numbers better.  I decided to use the pink for my check in/sign up area.
I'm going to use the set with black numbers for my "Pick Me" pot.  ( I still need to cut these out and assemble this, but at least the numbers are made!)
If you are interested in these sets of classroom numbers, you can get them both (1-36)  here.

I also used the same digital paper to make labels for students' cubbies (black numbers) and mailboxes (pink numbers).  I printed them out on file folder labels. 


Made It #2
I redesigned and completed my Classroom Committee signs. (Thank you Nick and Lisa for your input on this!) This is something new I'm trying this year rather than all the job rotations.  I'm hoping students will take more pride and responsibility if they know the area they are responsible for during the whole year.  (I will still rotate the classroom helper to do things like run errands, take attendance, pass out papers, etc.)
Made It #3
I printed, laminated and cut out these adorable monster partner and group cards from Stephanie at Third Grade Thoughts.
Students can group themselves based on the monster or the number. I love this cute, fun way of randomly grouping students.
I also printed, laminated, and cut out these desk monster notes from Molly at Lessons with Laughter.  The file includes many seasonal options.  I am starting with these, but I will be cutting and laminating more soon.  I'm going to try and have my students in the organization committee be in charge of handing these out. We'll see how that goes.
That's all for this week.  I'm off to check out what everyone else has been working on.  After that, I'm going to see if I can make some more headway in my (totally unrealistic) to do list.

Thank you!







3 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of a job committee. In the past, I've always assigned one person for each job. It switched monthly. You've given me something to think about! :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have worked very hard this week! I like how your committee signs have the job description underneath.
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to let everyone know how the classroom committees go :) We use a dollar system for behavior so the students all want jobs so they can get paid. Half the class have a job for two weeks and then I switch and the other half have a job. It works out because they all get many jobs throughout the year but there is always the one that always "forgets"... It usually works well but sometimes I wish they would do their jobs so that the room looked good too ;) .... Let me know how it goes this year! I'd love to hear about :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete