Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Three Favorite Organizers

Hello Everyone!  This year the fourth grade at my school is trying departmentalization.  This will be my first year not teaching math or science.  I will be teaching two sections of social studies and two sections of language arts. I am super excited about this (although I will miss math and science), but it has required quite a bit of classroom reorganization.

Today, I'd like to share three of my favorite things that have been a huge help in the reorganization process.

Number 1 - Corner Shelf for Binders

I absolutely love this corner shelf from Really Good Stuff.  All of my language arts binders stay where they are supposed to be.  I saw this in a teammate's classroom last year, and I knew I had to have it!  Too many binders on a straight shelf just don't stay put for me.


Number 2 - Scrapbook Paper Organizer

Last year, I moved all of my math games and centers into two scrapbook paper organizers.  Now that I don't teach math, I'm using it to hold small posters and other items for social studies, as well as reading, writing, and spelling centers. (I have two stacked and secured.)  I purchased these at Jo Ann's, with a coupon, of course.

Number 3 - Large Construction Paper Holder

Last, but certainly not least, is something I received in the mail just this week, and it is already one of my favorite organizers.  Last Spring, I read a post on Clutter-Free Classroom about storing large sheets of construction paper.  I love construction paper, but I've never found an effective way to store the large sheets.  That is, until I read the post that raved about this amazing find.  I ordered this storage container on Amazon, and I can't tell you how happy it made me.
This is the perfect storage solution!  (I am still waiting on an order for some colors.  The bottom right has templates for students to make an Ohio flag.  I never had a good spot for these before either.)  The best part is that after the custodian lowered the shelf for me (He is wonderful!), the shelf below was the perfect size for some of my other storage containers.

I've come such a long way in organization over the years.  It's funny how much I love it now.

I hope you are having fun getting organized for the new school year.
I'm off for a run.

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. In just put the construction paper organizer in my closet today too. I'm also loving it :)

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that corner shelf! I'm going to have to add that to my wish list for sure! Love it! I have a binder for each unit. Right now they're inside my file cabinet because they don't all fit on my shelf behind my desk.

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find the corner shelf but I want one. Please email me if you find it.

    hawgfan101@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete