Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Writing & Language Learning Targets

Hello Everyone!  Today I'd like to share how I organize my writing and language learning targets.  First, I created four headings.   One is for editing, one is for revising, one is for word study, and one is for writing targets that don't quite fit into any of these categories.



As we cover each learning target in class, I will post it under the appropriate heading, like this.
(The word study targets have a slightly different background.)




I also made genre-specific learning targets (W.4.1, W.4.2, W.4.3, W.4.7).  



Some of these are skills that apply to all writing (beginnings, transitions, details, endings), so I included them in separate learning targets as well. That way students know that they always need to be thinking of these skills (even during free writing).

If you are interested in these learning targets, along with a check sheet showing which specific learning target goes with each slide, they are available at my TPT store.  You can get a copy by clicking here.
I'm trying something different with the reading learning targets.  I will post about it in a couple of weeks and let you know how it goes.

I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!

Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Mary,
    I love your blog...so bright and cheery. I also love all of the great reading ideas too. Thanks for visiting my blog. I started following yours as it looks like are both into reading. :-)
    Carla
    Comprehension Connection

    ReplyDelete