Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Peek at My Week

Hello, Everyone!  Today, I am linking up with Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for her linky, A Peek at my Week.


Here are a few things I have planned for this week.


Today, I am running in a 5K race.  I'm excited to see how it goes.  I've been running quite a bit lately, so hopefully, it will pay off.

Run.  Run.  Run.


On Tuesday, we have a very fun lesson planned for social studies to introduce the Revolutionary War.  We will simulate how the colonists felt about being taxed by using Smarties.  There will be a king, two members of Parliament, and two tax collectors (chosen at random). Everyone else will be colonists.  The colonists will be given Smarties, but they will be "taxed" based on totally random things like wearing shoes without laces.  I am super excited about this lesson, and I will definitely blog about it later this week.



This Friday, we will finish up our reading assessments (Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark Assessments).  I highly value the data that comes from these assessments.  I'm looking forward to using this information to plan for future activities.


I'm off to my race.  I will be back to see what everyone else is up to this week.

Thank you, and have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how your Smarties activity goes! I teach the American Revolution in a few weeks and I know my kiddos would love that activity. (Who doesn't love things that involve candy?)

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see read your update on the American Revolution. I teach that too, but we're in the very beginning stages of US History at this point. We just covered a few explorers! Long way to go! Good luck in your race! I keep wanting to run, and I've tried it out a couple of times over the years and am so NOT good at it! Well, maybe I'll try again.

    Janie (janiefahey@gmail.com)
    Are We There Yet?
    http://janiefahey.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the 5K, and I'll be back to see how the Revolutionary War/Taxation activity goes - it sure sounds like a great idea!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your race! If you need anything for Revolutionary War let me know, since I teach 5th grade it was in my standards last year but now it's all gone. I have some DBQ's and some other things I've created all about the Road to Revolution that I've used with my kiddos in the past! It's a fun unit! I'll see what I have and if you have any use for it! I also have a tug of war simulation we used from our old textbook that was a great activity to show the actual events of the war and how it was won if you're interested!

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow Me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. How was your race? I'm running in the Run or Dye 5 km on Saturday. So fun! Have a great week!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your race went well! I hope the weather is nicer today where you live...it's 61 in SE Wisconsin right now!

    Thanks for linking up! Have a great week!
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your race went well! Love your lesson to introduce the war and how they felt about taxes - they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your race was great! I love your idea about introducing the Revolutionary War with smarties and taxes! We won't get there until about January, so I'd love to hear how it goes!
    ~Kristen
    Chalk & Apples

    ReplyDelete