Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Five for Friday & Freebie Friday

Hello, Everybody!  Today, I am linking up with DoodleBugs for Five for Friday.

fiveforfriday2

Here are five random things from my week.



This week, we focused on questioning during reading.  I'm linking up with Teaching Blog Addict to share some resources on Freebie Friday.

Picture of Free Teacher Downloads at Teaching Blog Addict

This freebie bundle includes two foldables, a list of thinking stems to paste in reader's notebook, and a graphic organizer. (I will share how I incorporate these resources, as well as some great mentor texts, in a future post.)

You can download all four of these here.








My students took their first social studies test this week.  All the activities we did paid off.  I am extremely proud of my students' performance on this test which covered the basics of the French and Indian War and the Revolutionary War.  You can read about some of the activities we did here and here.


In the past, I have had my students use Wordle to create word clouds that share some information about themselves.  This week, I tried Tagxedo.  I heard that it was better than Wordle, and it is!  Tagxedo allows you to go back and edit, if needed.  You can also pick the shape of the word cloud, so it is very personalized.  This site automatically fills in the picture with words, repeating as necessary.  Here is the one I created.  (I have a pet cockatiel.)



Parent/teacher conferences are coming up on October 3 & 8.  I have been working hard scheduling and preparing material to present to parents.



This week, I made Fresh Tomato Shrimp Pasta from allrecipes.com. This recipe turned out great.  I added extra spinach and some hot pepper flakes to give it a little kick.  Love it!

Fresh Tomato Shrimp Pasta Recipe

Well, that's it for me.  I'm off to check out what everyone else has been up to.

Thank you, and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. We love Wordle too! Have a nice weekend!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used Tagxedo, but I think I will have to look into it. One of the things I don't like about Wordle is once you press GO, there is no way to go back and edit without losing all of your words.

    That shrimp looks delicious too! Yum!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete