Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Peek at My Week

Hello, Everyone!  Today, I am linking up with Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for A Peek at my Week.



My students are currently typing the final drafts for their personal narratives.  As students are waiting to conference with me, they will illustrate their narrative.  However, there will be a little twist on the illustration.  Last week, I took a picture of each child striking a pose with an exaggerated emotion, based on the topic of their narrative. They will cut out the picture and use it in their illustration.  They were very creative with their poses.  I am excited to see how these turn out.


Last year, the teachers at our school met for a book study using The Leader in Me.  This year, we are working on celebrating the 7 Habits of Happy Students.  On Thursday, we will have our second "Habit Assembly".  We will celebrate the students' use of habit #2, "Begin with the end in mind."



These are great books.  I strongly recommend both of them.


Friday is our monthly Pride Day.  This month we will be wearing our favorite team clothes.  I live in Columbus, and I have come to love many Ohio sports teams.  However, I grew up in North Carolina, and I will always be a Duke basketball fan at heart.  I will be decked out in my spirit wear on Friday.


I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to this week. 

Thank you, and have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the idea of putting your students' pictures in their illustrations! You are sooo clever!!

    Thanks for linking up, Mary!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also wearing our favorite team on Friday! Hope you have a great week!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete