Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Five for Friday

Hello Everyone!  This week has been crazy busy!  I'm looking forward to sharing some of the highlights as I link up with Doodlebugs for Five for Friday.

fiveforfriday2

Here are five random things from my week.



In reading, we have been working on questioning.  Here are the anchor charts we created.  



This one is an adjusted version of the typical QAR question types.




This year, I am teaching language arts and social studies.  I have two blocks of language arts all year.  The social studies block rotates every six weeks.  My homeroom class is now in science with my team teacher, and I have her class for social studies.  We are now focusing on Paleo Indians.  I found this great mentor text to use.


I was able to find this book courtesy of Ideas by Jivey, when she shared another mentor text from the same series (You Wouldn't Want to Sail with Christopher Columbus).  Thank you, Jessica!



On Thursday, we had our first night of parent/teacher conferences.  My partner and I decided we both needed to be there with each set of parents.  That way, parents from both classes would receive an update on math and language arts.  We handed out progress reports during the conference.  It was a lot of work to get ready for these, but it was well worth it.  I am very fortunate to be in a district with strong parent support.



Today was our annual Walk-a-Thon.  My students challenged me to run 10 miles in the 2 hours and 15 minutes we were on the track.  ( I ran/walked nine last year.)  Well, I made it.  I jogged 42 laps, totaling 10 1/2 miles.




I'm not sure where I found the time to cook this week, but I found an awesome recipe from Taste of Home for honey chicken stir fry.  I did substitute fresh vegetables for frozen because I just  think they taste so much better.  It turned out great.  A definite repeat.

Honey Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe

I'm off to see what everyone else has been up to.

Thank you, and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a fabulous recipe! I'll have to give it a try- I love to cook.

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Good for you for meeting your student's running challenge. I bet they were so psyched when you did it!

    I've never heard of that mammoth book before but I'm heading to Amazon right now to check it out. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete