Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday Made It - October, 2013

Hello, Everyone!  Today, I am linking up with Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.



This year, I am incorporating some technology into my Daily 3.  The students love using the iPad and our class blog.  My challenge was to come up with a system so students could easily see whose turn it is.  I have two language arts classes, one iPad, and four computers available for blogging.  This is the system I came up with.


Students move their clip to the next available number after they have finished their blog post.  I have 1-3 students use the iPad each day, depending on what else we have to accomplish.


I made a set of synonym rings for each student. They attached them to their desks for a most convenient resource. These are from Joanne at Head Over Heels for Teaching.  



Ever since I started blogging, I have become overwhelmed, but in a good way.  I am so amazed by all the great ideas out there.  However, I was having a little trouble keeping track of everything I wanted to do, books I wanted to order, projects I wanted to tackle, etc.  I decided I needed a binder to help me stay organized with this.  I always want to make sure I credit original sources!  Anyway, here are the pages I created.







(Of course, I had to make the pages match my blog.  I just love the "Spring has Sprung" collection from MyClipArtStore.)


I put together two syllable centers.  The first one is for practicing open and closed syllables.  I blogged about this, as well as other open and closed syllable resources, here.




The second set of centers is for practice with open, closed, and silent e syllables.  I will blog about this one, as well as other resources, later this week.




That's all for me this month.  I'm off to check out all of the other awesome Made Its.

Thank you, and have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. I really like your number one idea to keep track of who has completed the blog. I might need to try something like this. I am always saying...who still needs to do this??? Love your blogging binder too...great idea! I bought a set this summer to keep me organized, but yours is definitely more detailed.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! I love the blog ideas! I am your newest follower :o) Come follow me @ http://allsmilesin2ndgrade.blogspot.com/
    Have a great year!
    Karen Crawford
    All Smiles in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you organize the use of your iPad. I have one as we'll and am trying to make sure everyone gets to use it! I also love your blogging binder pages! I need to do something like that!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that iPad organization! Thanks so much for the shout out Mary! How convenient to put them on their desks! I'm so glad someone else had to make a blogging binder! I made one for myself, but I have to add that book page-I can't keep track of all these great books! Have a great week!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have been really busy. I like how organized everything is. Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought the synonyms from the big TPT flash sale! I can't wait to use them. Hooking them on to the desk is a great idea :) I also love your iPad organization! Such great ideas :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are We There Yet?
    I love your pages - very cute! Have you looked at Evernote? It's an awesome program and has an app so you can access it from your phone. It's a web-based storage application. The basic version is free, which is what I've used and it's been perfect. The great thing is it allows you to link webpages, videos, documents, etc to pages inside the notebooks. I love it to be able to reference all these FABULOUS blog ideas that I see and want to look at again later. I even saw someone using to keep track of standards for each students - she set up a notebook for each student. Check it out.
    ~Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete