Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Spark Student Motivation Saturday - A Great Website for Review Games


Hello, Everybody!  Today, I am linking up with Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching for Spark Student Motivation Saturday.


I am going to share one of my favorite websites to use when I make review games, classtools.net.

There are a wide variety of games on this site, but the student (and teacher) favorite is definitely word shoot.  The first screen looks like this.


As students progress through the rounds, the words start moving around.  They move slowly at first, but the pace picks up with each round.  You can try out a game I made on physical and chemical properties and changes by clicking here.

Another game I like on this site is the Dustbin Sort.  You can create sorts here with up to four categories.  Here is one I made for our government unit.  


There are many more game options on this site, but these are two of my favorites.

Students are definitely motivated by the technology and the "arcade" aspect of these games.  I allow students to play the games on our school computers, if they have all of their work completed.  As I create new games, I always send the link to parents, so  students can play at home. The games are also linked to our classroom website.

This is a paid site.  However, I have found it to be well worth it.  Once the games are made, you can continue to access them, even if your membership expires.

I'm off to see all the other wonderful, motivating ideas.

Thank you, and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. OMG Mary-I just played that word shoot game and my heart is racing! That can get a little stressful! LOL! I definitely have to look into subscribing, my kids would love it! Thanks for sharing and linking up!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great games! The word game is fun! But oh my goodness...when the words move...it's hard! I had fun so I know the kiddos will too!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete