Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Spark Student Motivation Saturday - More Online Games


Hello, Everybody!  Today, I am linking up with Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching for Spark Student Motivation Saturday.


On a previous post, I talked about classtools.net.  This is a great site to create educational games.  Today, I would like to share another site I use to create educational games, quia.com.

There is a wide variety of games you can create on this site.  The one I use most often requires you to type in definitions or other information, and then it generates three options for games.  You can click on the links below to try out the flashcards, matching game, and concentration I made to reinforce important information about the French and Indian War.



The first option for students is electronic flashcards.



I use the matching option most often with my students.


Finally, you test your memory by playing Concentration.


Another fun game on this site is Rags to Riches.  Students answer questions that become increasingly more challenging.  As soon as they miss one question, they have to start over.  The repetition is great for preparing for tests.  Click here to try the game I made for earthquakes and volcanoes.


Here are some links to math vocabulary games I made.  Feel free to use any of these, if you wish.  Some of these also include a word find.


There are other game options on this site that I will likely try in the near future.  I will make sure to let you know how they work out and share the links that seem the most helpful.

I love that I can create the games and send the link to parents.  I also link the games to my classroom website, so students can access the games from any computer.  This format seems to keep the students engaged and motivated to keep studying.

This is a paid site, but I am happy to be a subscriber.  The students' motivation made it worth it.

I'm off to check out all the other wonderful, motivating ideas.  Thank you, Joanne for hosting this great linky!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all your awesome resources Mary! I've used this site before, but I don't have a subscription and haven't used it this year. I may need one this year because I agree with you about the repetition-my class responds well to this! Thanks for sharing and linking up!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an amazing website! I'm always looking for engaging ways to get my students to learn content vocabulary.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many benefits to providing these games to your children to enhance their learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for great initiative.It's really an informative and well described post. I appreciate your topic for blogging. Thanks for sharing such a useful post.

    ReplyDelete