Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

An Awesome Reading Website

Hello Everyone!  Today I would like to share an awesome reading website.  I learned about this site at a recent district literacy committee meeting, and I am excited to share it. The website is called readworks.org. This website is free.  It is easy to log in and very user friendly.  When you go to the site, it looks like this.




If you click on the link "Reading Passages", you will see a list of passages in alphabetical order.




From here, you can customize your search by keyword, grade level, Lexile level, domain, and skill/strategy. 




After making your selections, you can choose from a list of reading passages.  Each reading passage comes with comprehension questions to match the skill/strategy selected.  

This site is great for formative or summative assessment of reading skills and strategies.  I also plan on using the passages for guided reading groups. I will use some of the questions provided, but other times, I will use the passages for different activities.  I am always looking for short passages to use in guided reading groups.  I will definitely spend some more time exploring this site.

I hope everyone has a great vacation next week!
Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I love using Readworks. They are constantly adding new features which is great! Thanks for sharing, Mary!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, this is a great website! Can't believe it is free! It is my go-to site when I need a reading passage aligned to a certain standard. Love it!
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really nice. I found some good blogs for reading. I make a blog for reading. Its really interesting blog with good content. www.articles4al.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this website! Since there is such a time crunch at school, I've found a ton of great Social Studies passages to use!
    -Meg
    TalesandTeacherisms

    ReplyDelete