Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Peek at My Week

Hello Everyone!  Today I am linking up with Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for her fun linky, A Peek at My Week.



I have heard so many rave reviews about Dave Burgess' book Teach Like a Pirate that I just had to read it.  It came in the mail Friday.  I have just started reading it, and I already love it.  I will definitely spend some time reading more of it this week.



Our next writing project will be "A Day in the Life of..."  I talked about this in an earlier post.  You can read about it here.  I had originally intended to start this project last week, but I slightly postponed the project after reviewing some writing goals.  One thing I want to strongly encourage my students to do is use more figurative language in their writing.  After reading posts from Ideas by Jivey and Collaboration Cuties, I knew that Runde's Figurative Language Snow Globes would be the perfect way for me to get some fun practice in before we started our next writing.

December Craftivities - Literacy-Themed Craftivities for December 

We started this last week, and we will finish up with our final two (onomatopoeia & personification) this week.  I did find some great videos to go with them.  Here is one on onomatopoeia.  


This is the video I plan on showing for personification.


I am looking forward to completing and displaying these globes.  The students are doing a great job!

I'm off to see what others have planned.  Thank you, Jennifer for hosting this linky.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great videos. I am always looking for some to add to my lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love Teach Like a Pirate! I just finished it and am so inspired to use many of his ideas in my classroom. Enjoy!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how your snow globes turn out! I am going to try to fit something similar in if I am able to!! Be sure to share. Hope you have a great week.
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teach Like a Pirate is on my summer reading list! I've heard great things about it.

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please check out LIFTPackages.blogspot.com. It is a teacher exchange program in which you meet teachers and send packages. Please feel free to sign up and pass our name along!

    Thanks
    -LIFTPackages

    LiftPackages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete