Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Point of View Resources on Freebie Friday


Hello Everyone!  We are currently working on a unit covering point of view.   I have a few fun resources to share with you.  There are a couple of short videos that I like.  Brainpop has a great one that introduces the different points of view.

 



When taking notes on the different points of view, I used this foldable.  

 
(The foldable template is from Lovin Lit, and the frames are from Dancing Crayons.)

We talked about second person, but first and third person are the ones mentioned in the Common Core for fourth grade, so those are the ones we focused on.  

I am linking up with Teaching Blog Addict for Freebie Friday.  You can get a free copy of this foldable by clicking here.


There are tons of great mentor texts to use for point of view.  Here are a few of my favorite poetry books. I will talk about some of the picture books and chapter books in a future post.

Once I Ate a Pie

This one is my favorite!  I blogged about it here.

Who Needs Birds When Dogs Can Fly?
More poems from a dog's point of view.

If the Shoe Fits: Voices from Cinderella
Poems "told" from points of view of different characters and items from Cinderella.  I love to read the poems and have students guess whose point of view it is.  Some are easy, but some are quite challenging.

This Is Just to Say
After reading apology and forgiveness poems from this book, I have my students choose two characters from their book.  One character has to write a letter asking for forgiveness.  The other character responds.  Students are to stay true to the character and decide if they should be forgiven or not.

That's all for today.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I can't say enough good things about Flocabulary! The kids absolutely LOVE when I use their raps. I don't think we have watched this one though. Thanks for sharing, Mary!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete