Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Spark Student Motivation Saturday - Mystery Balloons


Hello Everyone!  Today, I am linking up with Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching for her awesome linky Spark Student Motivation Saturday.


I would like to share one of my favorite SMARTbaord review games with you.  The reason I like it so much is that it can be used for any grade level and any subject.  It is great for those times when I want to practice a skill, but I don't have time to create something completely new.  The game is called Mystery Balloons.


The game can be played with partners, small groups, or the entire class.  You just need to ask students a question or assign them a task.  If the students successfully complete what you ask, they can come up and pop a balloon.  They earn the point value under the balloon.

The first set of balloons has point values 200-2400 (counting by 200).


The second set of balloons has point values 300-3600 (counting by 300).


The third set of balloons has point values 400-4800 (counting by 400).


If you are interested, you can get this game for free by clicking here.  It is fully editable if you want to make any changes to the points, color, etc.

I'm off to check out all of the other motivating ideas!  Thank you, Joanne for hosting this awesome linky!

Enjoy the long weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea, Mary!! My mind is already thinking up a hundred ways I can use this. THANK YOU!!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and simple! We have Promethean boards instead, but I could probably create something similar.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  3. This game is perfect for review! We have Promethean boards too, but I don't know enough about the two if the files are compatible. I bet your students love this! So fun! Thanks for sharing and linking up Mary!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete