Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Bloom's Taxonomy App & SMARTboard Freebie


Hello Everyone!  Today I'd like to share a great comprehension app I found called Stick Pick.

 

This app allows you to create individualized questioning activities for multiple groups.  After you program students' names, you select their level of questioning based on Bloom's Taxonomy.  When you tap the stick can, it randomly generates a name.  Under that name is a list of question stems for that particular level of Bloom's.  Here is a sample for the comprehension level.


You could use this app to ask your students questions about their reading.  However, I used it in a different way.  One of my reading groups is working on a talk show project where they will be interviewing characters from their book.  We are working on expanding the types of questions they are asking.  When we met in a reading group, I used this app to help them generate questions.  I also typed out the questions stems so they can refer to it throughout the project and for future use.  

There is a way to track how many questions students answer correctly, so you will know when to move them to the next level.  I haven't tried that yet, but here is a sample I found.

I may play around with this a little with one of my other reading groups.

Anyway, I am always looking for new ways to change up the way I ask questions.  This app definitely helped.  It also helped inspire me to create a new SMARTboard activity.


This is a random question generator that I started using at the end of our read aloud a couple of days a week.  Sometimes I ask the question, and other times students ask the question.  It definitely requires thinking on your feet, but it has been a lot of fun so far.  If you have a SMARTboard and would like to give this a try, you can download it here (free).

http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/2014/02/freebie-friday-on-valentines-day.html 

Have a great weekend!
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment