Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Lovin it & Over it

Hello, Everyone!  Today I am linking up with Ali from Teaching Powered by Caffeine for her new linky, Lovin' It and Over It.



Brain Breaks!

 

With the weather as bad as it's been this winter, recess has been indoors just about every single day for months.  Although indoor recess has been necessary, it definitely limits the students' physical activity.  More than ever, I feel that it essential to provide movement in the classroom as much as possible.  These brain breaks from Third Grade Thoughts have been a huge help in doing  this.  (I blogged about how I integrate brain breaks here.)

 Indoor Recess

Students need to be outside running around.  I can't wait until the temperatures and playground area are safe enough for the students to get outside!  We are at the point now where the snow is finally almost gone.  However, I've heard some horror stories about Sunday night's forecast.  I am refusing to look at it.

Thank you, Ali for hosting this great linky.  I absolutely love this idea!  I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is loving & over. 

Spring is less that a month away! 

4 comments:

  1. Ugh!! I can't even IMAGINE having indoor recess for the past 2 months. Whatta nightmare! We had a rainy day today, so one of our recesses was indoor. By the end of the day I felt like we'd been in the classroom all day. And that was only ONE recess! You have my sympathies....

    Thanks so much for linking up, Mary! I love reading what you're lovin and what you're over. : )

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong that I do indoor recess when it's in the 40's? I am a wimp. Maybe the weather forecast has changed for your Sunday. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more with your post! My kids and I have been loving brain breaks! We have had 2 full weeks of school and when that happens I've got to get out of the classroom and so do the kids, so we went out one day this week when it was 34! I just had to have a break and it felt fantastic.
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ughhh....I am totally with you on the inside recess thing. We had it THREE times this past week. By Friday, the kids were bugging out. (Although can you believe that a parent had the nerve to tell me that when we keep the kids inside for recess, it makes it really difficult to deal with them at night??? Right...like it's a choice we make. Let me send about 19 other kids over to your house so you can see what I feel...)

    Let's think warmer thoughts!
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete