Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday Made It - February, 2014

Hello Everyone!  Today I am linking up with Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics for her monthly linky, Monday Made It.


With the snow days we've had lately, I've been able to get a few extra things made for my classroom.


First, I had a few things that I needed to organize by my computer.  I bought a small set of three drawers and created these labels for them.



I made some new signs for my daily 3.  Previously, I had been handing out some sort of schedule or writing things on the board.  This is working out so much better - and it looks better too.



I revamped my dry erase area for word study.  I was short on dry erase boards, so I used this pin from Whole Living as inspiration to make some out of old CD cases.

: Mini Dry Erase Board 

I inserted white construction paper to 18 old CD cases.


 I also loved the idea I pinned a while back from Fifth Grade Frenzy to put pom poms on dry erase markers for a convenient erasers. 
Hot glue pom poms onto dry erase marker caps to make quick and easy erasers!
I added a sign, and now my dry erase bin looks like this.


 (I threw in a couple extra erasers... just in case.)


Finally, I created a center and worksheet to help my students practice similes, metaphors, and idioms.


If you are interested in this product, it is available at my TPT store here.

That's all for this month.  I'm off to check out all the other creative projects.  Thank you, Tara for hosting this awesome linky!

Have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. You are so organized! I need to get my butt in gear and get my classroom reorganized!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to revamp about a million things. You did such a good job in your room that I think you should come on down and do mine too! What do you think??
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want a dry erase basket with all those neat CD cases and adorable pom poms! I'll be adding CD cases to this year's yard sale/flea market list. Thanks for the idea!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your organizational ideas! Doesn't it feel great to get things like that done in your classroom?

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those things have been on my to do list forever! Now, if I can only knock off some of the other things from my mile-long list.

      Mary

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so organized! I love all of your ideas, thank you for sharing! Your post makes me want to tackle my messy classroom. :)

      Heather @ Loose Shoelaces

      Delete
    2. Thank you! They were fun to make. There is just never enough time to tackle everything. I am thankful for the snow days. They really helped!

      Mary

      Delete
  6. It seems like the time of year everyone is itching to do some spring cleaning. Maybe it'll bring on the spring weather!!!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete