Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sunshine Award

I want to send a huge thank you to Angela at The Teacher's Desk 6 for nominating me for the Sunshine Award.  I am truly honored to receive this nomination!


Here are the rules for this award.

1. Post 11 random facts about yourself

2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.

3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world
.
4. Make up 11 questions for your nominations to answer.

 11 Random Facts

1.  I am the second oldest of 10 children.  My oldest brother is 45, and my youngest brother is 25.  There were no multiple births or adoptions.
2.  I love gardening.  Snapdragons are my favorite flower to plant because they tend to last the longest.
3.  I have been bungee jumping - well, sort of - It was one of those sling shots.
4.  I have a minor in Spanish, and I taught it for a year in a private school.
5.  I have run in 3 marathons.  My goal was to finish in under four hours.  My last time (2001) was 3:59:56.  I am now "retired" from marathons, but I have run in at least a dozen half marathons since then.
6.  My dream vacation is to go to Spain.
7.  I prefer action movies to chick flicks 100% of the time.
8.  I am a huge Duke basketball fan.  (Yes, even after this year's tournament.)
9.  I shop local whenever possible.
10.  I never paint my fingernails.  I am far too active.  It just never lasts more than a couple of hours.  Even the gel manicures only last about three days.  It's just not worth it.
11.  I love learning new things, especially when they present a challenge at first.

11 Answers to Angela's Questions
1.  Describe your teaching style.
I incorporate as many hands on and active learning activities as I can.  I try to run my class as student directed as possible, but that is an area where I would like to continue to working on.  I love learning about new technology, even though I get overwhelmed by it at times.
2.  What is your favorite non-teaching thing to do?
Definitely spending time with my family and friends.
3.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
If family, friends, my awesome job, etc. were not factors, I would choose to live in Hawaii.  I was there on vacation once.  It was amazing!
4.  What are your three most favorite things.
I am not going to count religion, family, and friends, because they are the most obvious answers.  So I'm really answering my fourth, fifth and sixth favorite things which would be my puppy, my job, and my house.
5.  If you could change anything about the school calendar, what would it be?
I would exchange some of my summer vacation for more sporadic days off during the school year.  I would rather have ten extra long weekends and cut summer two weeks short.  I just feel so refreshed after a long weekend.
6.  If you could be a color, what color would you be?
Pink - I don't know of a happier color.
7.  Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
It definitely depends on the situation and the company.
8.  What is your least favorite thing to do?      
Rake leaves.  I enjoy most household tasks, especially ones that are outside, but this is one I am seriously considering hiring out.
9.  What started you blogging?
I was totally inspired by all the great bloggers out there.  I am so glad I started.  It has proven to be some of the very best professional development ever. 
10.  How did you choose your blog name?
I combined two of my greatest passions:  fitness and teaching fourth grade.
11.  Do you have a vice?
Yes,  caffeine.

I will work on my 11 questions and 11 bloggers to nominate and post them soon.  Thank you, Angela for nominating me for this award.  It means a lot to be recognized by a fellow blogger!
   

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading your answers and learning more about you. I totally agree, I'd rather have longer weekends and cut summer short! Have a great week!
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I enjoyed reading about you. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TEN KIDS???? TEN???? Oh my goodness...your mama is my hero! I love the color pink too...it makes me happy. I love the way you run your classroom. I imagine it's much like mine and that's why I heart you!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete