Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Peek at my Week

Happy Easter Everyone!  I am looking forward to spending time with my family later on today.  Before I head out, I am going to link up with my friend, Jennifer, from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for her fun linky, A Peek at my Week.



Today will be part two of my mother's 70th birthday celebration.  Yesterday, we surprised her with three out of town guests.  Her sisters flew in from Annapolis and Houston.  One of her cousins drove down from Cleveland to join in the fun.  All her children and grandchildren showed up at once to add to the surprise.  (She is expecting us today, but not at all yesterday.)  I am looking forward to heading home tonight and being with the people who mean the most to me!

 

The Ohio Achievement Assessments are this week.  We have reading on Wednesday and math on Friday.  Next year, we will add social studies as well.  I am feeling... Let's just say I am feeling how every other teacher is feeling about testing.  Enough said.

 

As soon as testing is over, we will start our final reading and writing projects.  The students are super excited about this.  They will be writing biographies.  In addition to a formal written report, students will complete a project of their choice.  We have already brainstormed a list of projects which I will post as soon as it becomes official.  I am super excited to get back to some creative lessons and activities.

I'm off to check out what everyone else is up to this week.  Thank you, Jennifer, for hosting this linky!

Have a great week!  Wish me luck with the testing.  I know my students will do their best, and that's all I can ask.


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have had a wonderful time celebrating your mom's birthday with all of your family! Such special memories!! I'm having good thoughts for you and your students this week. Rock the test!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mom! Good luck on your testing Mary! Have a great week!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete