Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Hello, Everyone!   Today, I am linking up with Jen from Teach Mentor Texts for her addicting linky, It's Monday!  What Are You Reading?


This week, I read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (guided reading level Q).
 

This is a book that has been on my reading list since the beginning of the year.  (I'm not sure how I could have possible missed it from past years.)  Some of my students insisted that I read it, and I finally did.  My only
regret - I wish I had read it sooner because it is so wonderful!

The story tells of a journey by a toy rabbit, Edward Tulane, and how he goes through a series of owners.  Some of the owners loved him dearly, but others mistreated him.  Edward ends up learning an important lesson on love.  I won't spoil the wonderful ending, but Edward ends up in an awesome home!  (You can read the Amazon summary here, if you are interested.)

I loved how this story gave perspective of a toy rabbit.  I think this book would make a great addition  to my point of view unit.  I'm sure it will make it's way in there next year.

I know we are all short on time at this point of the year, but this is a very quick read and worth your time, for sure!

I can't wait to check out what everyone else has been reading. My list of books to read is huge, but there is always room for more!

Thank you, Jen, for hosting this linky!

Have a great week!

1 comment: