Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Experience with Stitch Fix... So Far

Hello Everyone!  Today, I am going to break away from educational posts to talk about my first experiences with Stitch Fix.

Fix

I am pretty sure that most of you know about Stitch Fix by now.  If not, it is an online service that provides you with a personal stylist.  First, you fill out a detailed questionnaire about your personal style.  After that, you schedule your "fix".  A fix is a set of five items (four clothing and one accessory, unless you request otherwise).  Once the items arrive, you decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back in a prepaid package.  There is a $20 styling fee, but that fee is applied to any items you wish to keep.  You can read more about Stitch Fix here.

At the time when I received my first two fixes, I just didn't have the time to blog about them.  Here is what I kept and what adjustments I made afterward.

Fix #1

In my March fix, I kept this fun infinity scarf.  I wear a lot of navy, so this was a no-brainer for me.  I only have a few scarves in my closet, so I was very excited to receive a new one.


I also kept this skirt.  At first I thought I would definitely return it because I own a couple of black and white skirts already.  However, the feel of this one is much more casual than my other ones.  I just love it with a black knit top and a denim jacket.  



What I sent back:
A pair of green pants that didn't come close to fitting.
A turquoise dress - I loved the color, but the draping made it look very old ladyish.  
A white top that was just okay and too big.

What I changed
I requested that they do not send any more pants.  I am way too hard to fit.

Fix #2

In my April fix, size was a bit of an issue.  I did keep this fun necklace.  I like how it adds to the bohemian feel of some of my tops, like this one.



What I sent back
Two dresses that I LOVED, but they were too big.
A denim jacket with some embroidery that I hated.  Plus, I already have a jean jacket.
A top that was a beautiful coral color, but it was too big and poofy.

What I changed
After my heartbreak with the dresses, I changed my size down on my profile.  I also changed my top size down since both of the tops they sent me were a little too big.

Fix #3

I am super excited to get my April fix.  After looking at other reviews, I made a few more changes to my profile, specifying what I would/would not like to see.  I also pinned quite a few things to my style board.  From what I hear, they really listen to feedback and check out your pins. 

If you are interested in trying Stitch Fix, please consider using my referral link.  I will earn a $25 credit.  I thought it might be fun to raffle off a $25 gift card or two for every four referrals I receive.

Well, it will be back to educational posts until my next fix.
Have a great week!
Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Okay...that's it....I am checking out Stitch Fix RIGHT now. I'm jealous of everyone's cool clothes. I like what you chose to keep. Cuteness!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete