Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Three Homophone Freebies

Hello, Everyone!

A couple of weeks ago, I gave my students an assessment on spelling demons.  One area I found that many students needed to work on is homophones.  As far as weekly spelling lists go, I use them sporadically throughout the year, depending on our focus.  Students do have a spelling list for homophones.  I allowed my students to choose their words from a huge word bank that I found in one of my favorite resource books, Words and More Words.


For activities we completed in class, I wanted students to get their homonyms at random, so I created a random homophone generator on the SMART Board.  If you would like to try this for one of your homophone activities, you can download it here.


One of the activities I had students complete was this drawing/writing activity.  You can download it here, if you are interested.

(Font by Hello Literacy, Frame by Lovin' Lit, Border by Fabulous Firsts)
 
I am currently working on some additional homophone products for my TPT store (Hoppin' Homophones).  For now, I am offering homophone concentration cards for free here.


There are a total of 30 cards.
(Font by Hello Literacy, Digital Paper by Ashley Hughes, Clip Art by Graphics from the Pond, Frame by Aesthetic Addiction)

http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/search/label/Freebie

What activities do you like to use for homophones?  I'd love to hear some new ideas!

Thank you, and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What great activities! I love using a Smartboard; however, my projector was fried during a brown-out last fall, and it still hasn't been replaced. I'm hoping soon! I snagged your file anyways, just in case... along with your other freebies as well! THANKS!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete