Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Peek at my Week

It's Sunday, so I am linking up with my friend, Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for her fun linky, A Peek at my Week.


I am still trying to grasp the fact that this is our last full week of school!  I will spend a LOT of time this week working on report cards.  I always love to share end of the year information with parents.  It is very rewarding to see the growth students made.

On Tuesday, we have a special guest coming to our school.  I am very excited to be part of the literacy committee that will welcome J. Patrick Lewis.  I have been sharing awesome poems from If You Were a Chocolate Mustache.



Students will be finishing up their biography reports and working on their final projects.  I allowed for students to choose their own project after we brainstormed a list of possibilities.  You can read my post about this here.  Our classroom is very busy, but students are working hard and very excited to share what they have learned.  Choice is a great motivator!

The other big thing we have going on this week is the fifth grade plays.  All four fifth grade classes will present plays to the school.  I will get to see my former students perform on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  The teachers and students always do a fabulous job with this.  I can't wait!

Those are the highlights for my week.  It will be busy, but a lot of fun!
Thank you, Jennifer for hosting this linky.
Have a great week!


3 comments:

  1. This is our last full week too, although we go Tuesday-Friday next week. All of our special events are over, so I'm afraid it will be a long 9 days! I'm trying to fill it with fun activities, though. How neat that your fifth grade classes are doing plays! I think my least favorite thing about teaching 5th is that once the year is over, they are gone *forever* :(. We always try to make the end of the year super special for that specific reason!
    ~Kristen
    Chalk & Apples

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your days with this year's crop of students. It sounds like a fun week! We still have three weeks to go.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. A visit from an author is always so much fun! I just love it!!

    Enjoy your last week...I"m MAJORLY jealous!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete