Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Peek at my Week

Wow!  Last week was super busy.  I barely had time to breathe.  Anyway, I am excited to link up with my friend, Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings, for her fun linky, A Peek at my Week.


This week will be pretty crazy as well, as it is officially our last week of school!  I have the usual mixed emotions about this.  I absolutely love my class this year, and it's always hard to say good bye.  However, I have a to do list about 5 miles long that I can't wait to tackle.

Although my grades are turned in for report cards, I still need to finish the narratives.   That will be top priority for tomorrow so I can focus on enjoying my final days with this class.


On Wednesday, the fifth graders will be entertaining the entire school with their annual talent show.  It's so much fun to see how creative they are with this.  In the past, I've seen everything from a "trick shot" basketball video to dance, gymnastics, and martial arts.



Thursday is our last day of school.  I still can't believe it!  It really is true that time just flies by faster and faster!  We have a fun day planned for the students.  They will spend the morning participating in Super Games.  Super Games is an awesome company that provides water games, giant slides, obstacle courses and so much more for the kids (and teachers).

supergames

When they return, we have a couple of final things to take care of in the classroom, including handing out these classroom awards from Confessions of a Teaching Junkie. Students selected each one of their classmates to win an award.  There are 30 to choose from, so everyone is a winner!  As students' names are called, they come down the "runway" and receive high fives from all their peers.

End-of-the-Year Classroom Award Certificates

We will also look at the time capsules we completed at the beginning of the year.  Students will fill out a new form and compare it to what they filled out in the beginning of the year.  I used this form from Dots-n-Spots.com.
Time Capsule Form
We will end the day with a movie that one of my students will bring.  It should be a fun day for everyone!


On Friday, we have a teacher work day.  I can assure you that although I will check out on Friday, I will be in just about every day the following week for my annual "pitch everything I no longer want/use" event.  This was our first year using Common Core.  I also have a lot I want to do as far as organization with all the resources I have accumulated this year.

I hope everyone has peaceful days (relatively speaking, of course) as the school year winds down.  I'm off to Jennifer's blog to see what everyone else is up to this week.

Thank you, and have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. The Super Games morning sounds AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last week of school is so bittersweet. We wait all year for it, then can't believe it has arrived. I wish you a great week! Looks like you have lots of fun things planned. Enjoy!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the big inflatable chair that SuperGames has on their website! I'm jealous of your talent show. We used to have one until the parents started getting crazy if their child didn't get to perform. We haven't had one in about three years now.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete