Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Spark Student Motivation Saturday - Pick Your Project


I can not believe that next week is our last full week of school.  After that, we have a three day week, and then we are done for the year. 

Right now, it is more important than ever to keep students motivated.  I am linking up with the wonderful Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching to share how students came up with a list of their own projects for motivation.

 

Our final writing project for the year is biographies (famous Ohioans).  Students are currently working on their final drafts using Google Docs (which I love).  I knew that when it came time to share, students would likely not be super attentive listening to 20+ other biographies.  We decided that it would be best for students to share only the most important/interesting information about their person.  Next, we just had to figure out the best way to do it.

Students brainstormed a list of projects.  Some we completed this year.  Some were favorites from last year, and some were ideas we just didn't get to this year.  Here is the list students came up with.


My students are very excited about their project choices.  Some are working together, and some are working independently.  I am hoping to have students present on Thursday and/or Friday.  I am super excited to see all the projects!

I am off to check out the other motivating ideas that are linked up.  Thank you, Joanne, for hosting this awesome linky.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea and so easy to incorporate! :) Thanks!
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comments Mary! What a fun way to end the year! I love the project ideas and student choice! We have another full week after you. Have a super week and thanks for linking up!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just finished biographies today and will be doing our Living Museum next week. Each day feels like it is just flying by. There is so much I still want to do. Ahhhhhh! I love all the options you guys came up with for projects. I may need to whip this out for my babies!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete