Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Stitch Fix #3

Wow!  This time of year is crazy!  I am working on final projects, final reading assessments, final report cards...  It was so nice to come home yesterday and see that my Stitch Fix box was waiting for me on my front porch.  Trying on new clothes is a great stress reliever.

Two months ago, I tried Stitch Fix, and I liked it enough to get monthly fixes (at least for a while).  So far, I've found one or two pieces in each fix that I love.  My closet and my budget both like that!

If you want to read more about Stitch Fix, you can do so here.


The first item they sent was the Dita Colorblock Sleeveless Ponte Dress by 41Hawthorn.


This dress was my only disappointment because it looks like something to wear to the office, and I'm done with work in 3 weeks.  (I told them that.)  The dress was also too small (not their fault).  I like colorblocking, but not when two of the colors are black and white.  I sent this one back.


I was thrilled to get two dresses in this fix.  This one is the Kayli Stripe Cotton Fit & Flare Dress by Pomelo.  I really liked this dress.  (This photo doesn't do it justice.  I apologize for the bad lighting.)


The only reason I am sending this fun dress back is because I already own a fit & flare blue and white stripe dress.  The dresses are too similar for me to justify making this purchase.

Next up is the accessory.  This month, I received the Matilda Tropical Lace Scarf.


I like the fact that this was a colorful scarf, but the 80 degree weather we've been having is not encouraging me to buy a new scarf right now.  Also, I could not find anything in my closet to go with this and make an outfit I loved.  My rule is if I keep something from Stitch Fix, I need to have everything to go with it already in my closet.


The fourth item is this Azaria Braid Detailed Tank by Tart.


I really liked this tank.  However, the straps are too narrow for me to wear this top on its own.  I did find that it layers very nicely.  I was able to make several outfits for spring, and I know I will bring it out for more layered looks in the fall.



The final item is a Poppie Geo Print Swing Skirt by Lily.


I love this fun print!  However, I do not love the length.  I wrote "nothing maxi" in my style profile.  I immediately went back in and added "nothing maxi or midi".  I just can't pull of  those lengths. 

Well, that's it for Fix #3.  I kept the white tank and sent everything else back.

If you would like to give Stitch Fix a try, please consider using my referral code.  I will receive a $25 credit.  I would love to raffle off a gift card if I can get a couple of referrals.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking I should try this... I just stand in my closet and say- UGG. I don't like anything any more! These clothes are adorable! Thanks for sharing. Maybe this summer I will actually do this!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete