Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Peek at my Week

It's Sunday, and it's time to link up with my good friend, Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for her fun linky, A Peek at my Week.


I just love these laid back summer weeks!  I am getting a lot done, both for the house and school.  It's nice to be able to do it based on my own schedule.

It looks like the weather will cooperate, and I will be able to work on my deck this week.  I need to power wash and restain it.  I do this every other year.  However,  this year, I am using a product called Deckover, which is supposed to protect for several years.  We shall see.

5-gal. Wood and Concrete Paint 
Two of my nieces are coming over this week to help me make some chocolate chip cookies.  Baking takes twice as long and is is twice as messy this way, but it is about 10 times more fun!

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/images-mccormick/original_nestle_toll_house_chocolate_chip.jpg 

I am way behind on my summer reading, so I'm hoping to get through this mini series.  Kidnapped, by Gordon Korman has been a very popular independent reading choice for my students the last couple of years.  It was on my "must read" list this summer.  Have you read this series?  If so, let me know what you think.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51R6R8KVRNL.jpg

http://ca.pbsstatic.com/l/80/7780/9780439847780.jpg 
https://covers.openlibrary.org/w/id/279506-M.jpg

This Friday, I will run the Freedom 4 Miler.  This is one of my favorite races because it goes by my brother's house.  He has four children, and they are usually out to cheer me on.


I am sure I will catch fireworks somewhere.  I need to get on it and make plans for that!

Those are my highlights for the upcoming week.  I'm off to the link up to see what everyone else has planned.  Thank you, Jennifer for hosting this fun linky!

Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Freedom 4 Miler Run!!

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that pic of the chocolate chip cookies has me craving them now. : / I haven't even eaten breakfast yet! But that reminds me that I have the ingredients to make these killer cookies I saw on Pinterest. The stuff has been sitting on my counter for a month now, but had no time to make them with school ending. Tell ya what, let's both make cookies this week, then post pics on the blog---make everyone else crave 'em too! Ha ha!
    Have a great week! Have fun on that run!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a relaxing summer week! Enjoy those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a race this Sunday. It is always very hot. I agree with you about getting stuff done on our own time, and I especially love being able to go to the bathroom any old time I want. :-) You guys are lucky the 4th of July is on a Friday. Our Canada Day is on Tuesday - what a weird day to have a holiday. Have a great night!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with your nieces this week! I love visits with family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The run sounds fun. I need to get back in shape and sign up for some runs! Good luck with your deck! We do it about once a year in the fall, and I do not enjoy it lol.

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete