Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Birthday Fun

Birthdays have always been one of my favorite days to celebrate.  Because I love them, student birthday gifts were one of the first things I worked on this summer.  Here is what I am handing out to students this year.


The bookmarks are a freebie, which you can get here.  The other items are part of my new product, Birthday Fun!


The first thing I made was editable prize cards.  I made mine good for one free morning work pass, but you can choose whatever works best for your classroom.


Next, I wanted to make some balloons.  This is not my original idea, but I wanted some that coordinated with everything else, so I made these.




I attached mine to a silly straw, but you could also use a Pixy Stick or a birthday pencil.

I also made some birthday calendar markers.

I was having so much fun making these birthday items that I decided to make some certificates as well.  I made three different designs.  There is a "print and fill out" version as well as an editable version if you would prefer to type in the names.
I added all of these items to my space saving Birthday Calendar display that was already on TPT.  I blogged about this in detail here.  Basically, I am limited on wall space, so I didn't have a good place to display my students' birthdays.  I decided to make 12 seasonal 4 X 6 cards and put a Post-it note on each one.  I wrote the students' names on the Post-it notes of their birthday months.  Then, I made a title page and put everything in a flip photo album.


If you have already purchased my space saving birthday display calendar, you should be able to download the rest of the items at no additional cost.  If you are interested in purchasing this Birthday Fun Pack, you can get it at my TPT store here.

Thank you, and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Well, you've been busy since school got out. Those are all so cute! I've done the balloon on the pixie stix thing. This year I did a cute strawberry attached to a fruit-themed straw that I'd had for the past 7 years and forgotten about (the things you find when you move!). This is a pic of the strawberry b-day straw: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/28006828906114189/

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great ideas for making birthdays a bit more special in the classroom - thanks!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Mary! I need to step my game up with birthdays. All I ever do is have my kids stand on the table and the class sings to them.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to celebrate birthdays! I love the papers you used. Where did you get them?

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am moving to a school that does not allow sugary sweet treats except 2x per year (Winter party & V-Day party). This is perfect for celebrating birthdays inexpensively and sugar-free. Thanks for this terrific idea.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete