Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Five for Friday & Freebie Friday

It's been a while since I've been able to link up with Doodlebugs for Five for Friday.  I am excited to post about my first week of summer break!

fiveforfriday2


I finally started an account for Twitter and Instagram.  I realize that I am way behind on this, but I am excited to get started on both.  I hope to have some new buttons for my blog in the near future. (I just went to take my first Instagram photo, and the camera on my phone broke.  I will get this fixed ASAP!  For now, my page is looking quite sad, but hopefully, not for long.)

https://blog.twitter.com/sites/all/themes/gazebo/img/ios_homescreen_icon.pnghttps://lh3.ggpht.com/vFpQP39LB60dli3n-rJnVvTM07dsvIzxrCL5xMiy1V4GV4unC1ifXkUExQ4N-DBCKwI=w300

I took Millie to the dog park for the first time.  She had a blast, and she interacted very well with the other dogs.  When she came home, she completely crashed, which led me to a very productive afternoon!  (I swear she is smiling in this picture!)


Although my final mandatory day was last Friday, I came in this week to finish up a few things and officially check out.  Right now, I am really getting into reading some of the books in my stack.  See this post for a few that I've started.


I did a little fun summer shopping.  This dress from Loft is my favorite purchase.  I love how easily it can be dressed up or down.  (Just in case you didn't know, Loft gives a teacher discount!  Be sure to take advantage of that!)



I am in the process of making some fun things to hand out on students' birthdays.  This week, I posted a related freebie on TPT.  Click here to get these birthday bookmarks for free!



http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/search/label/Freebie

Those are some of the things I've been up to this week.  It's going to be a busy summer, and I'm looking forward to sharing my projects with you!

Thank you, and be sure to check out all the other posts on Doodlebugs. 

11 comments:

  1. Your dog is adorable! We've never taken our little ones to a dog park (pomeranian and king charles spaniel). I just makes me so nervous, but I know that they'd love it!

    Bryce
    Second Grade Stampede

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just stopping by from Freebie Friday because I liked your birthday bookmarks. The link from the linky was broken, so I Googled your blog.
    Happy Friday!
    Artistry of Education

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The link is fixed now.

      Delete
  3. I'm your first Instagram follower! Yay!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally jumped on the instagram bandwagon last year. My camera also broke before I could add any pictures to my account...go figure! Haha

    Suzanna
    <a href="http://surprisinglysixth.blogspot.com>Surprisingly Sixth</a>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I am like you. I'm super behind on getting started on Twitter and Instagram! I'm bad enough on taking blog pictures! Very cute dress, by the way. I'm a LOFT addict! I'm trying to spread the word - sorry for the shameless plug - I'm starting a new linky party for the summer called Sell It Saturday. I have a smaller blog, but if you're ever interested in joining in, that'd be great!

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun trip to the dog park! I wish I could take my dogs to one, but I'm worried that they would misbehave so badly. (They really have bad manners...) Thank you for the bookmark freebie. I will work on those this summer to have them ready for next year.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Millie! She definitely looks like she enjoyed your adventure! xo
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just followed you on Instagram! I should make it my goal to join Twitter this summer! I love your birthday bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete