Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Positive Thinking and Technology Thursday


Today I am linking up with my friend, Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings to share one of my favorite quotes.  It applies to, well everything.  The quote is a verse from 1 Corinthians 16:14.
.all done with love
 Make sure to check out all the other great quotes on Jennifer's Positive Thinking Thursday linky.


I am also linking up with Teaching Trio for Technology Thursday.


Last year was my first year with an iPad in my classroom.  I am happy with how I incorporated it into the Daily 2/3, and I like the presentations we made using iMovie.  Toward the end of the year, I wanted to try and find a way to use it for social studies.  I found one app that worked for reviewing vocabulary.  The app is simply called Flashcards+.


Basically, you just type in the text you would like to see on the electronic flashcard.  I made a few for government.



Government was our last unit in social studies this year, so I just played around with this a little.  Next year, I would like to have my students load the flashcards to each unit.  This will provide another use for the iPad and another method to prepare for tests.  I found this app here.  I chose this one over the other ones listed because it was FREE. 

Let me know if you have a flashcard app that you like using.  I wouldn't mind paying for it, as long as it was worth the cost.

Make sure to check out all of the other positive thoughts and techy tips on these two linkies.  Thank you, Jennifer and the Teaching Trio for hosting!

Enjoy your day!

6 comments:

  1. Mary...that picture with the quote is just beautiful. I had to pin that one for sure! I haven't used any apps for flashcards, so I will need to check this out. I know there are several out there, so free is always a great way to go!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    The flashcards are great. A lot of times we'll have the kids actually create the cards themselves then share it with another group. It giving everyone a little deeper understanding since they're doing the creating themselves.

    Thanks for sharing
    Matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought about a flashcard app! I've thought about letting them create a keynote for each unit with all sorts of pictures and information for Science/SS. I'm not sure if it would work...I'll try it out next year!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool Flashcard App! I will put it on my list to add to my classroom iPads next year! Thanks for sharing.

    Susan
    PassioninPortableland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quote this week, Mary! Also, thanks for the flashcard app recommendation. Next year, we are going 1:1, but it will be with Chromebooks, not iPads. I'm hoping I can find some good apps to use on those. Glad you could link up this week!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete