Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tried it Tuesday - Embedded Fonts


Last weekend, I had an awesome time in Put-in-Bay with a group of some of my closest friends celebrating 40th birthdays.  I am now back, fully recuperated, and ready to link up with Holly from Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried it Tuesday.


Last summer, I read this post by the wonderful AMC about embedding fonts.  At the time, I had just started blogging and was completely unaware of all the fabulous font options out there.  I pinned the post figuring that it would come in handy as I continued to learn. 

Fast forward to now, and I have downloaded more fonts than I can count.  However, when I created a worksheet, form, etc. for my team, the only way I knew how to save the fonts was to send it as a PDF.  The problem with that was that others on my team were unable edit it on a PDF.

This summer, I wanted to make some editable products for my TPT store.  Again, I ran into the problem of keeping the font and creating an editable document.  Luckily, I remembered the post that I pinned last summer.  Here's how I made my editable birthday prizes.  The steps are slightly different than the post I linked.  I think it is due to using Windows 8.1.

First, I used this video from Gingersnaps to create an editable Power Point while protecting the purchased graphics.

I knew I wanted to use "Hello Happy Days" font from Hello Literacy for these cards.  I also wanted to fix it so anyone who edited the file could also use this fun font.



All I needed to do was click on "File" and choose "Options".


Once you are in "Options", click on "Save".  At the bottom, you will see the options to embed fonts.


Now, the file is not only editable, but we get to keep the cute font!  I will use this same method when I send items to my team, or anyone else.  It is quick and easy!

I'm off to see what else I can learn from Holly's awesome linky.  Make sure to check out what everyone else has tried.

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh....this is good to know, Mary! AMC is brilliant and so are you! I will definitely be using this later down the road. I want to see pictures from your trip!!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial! This will definitely come in handy later on!

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect timing! I am working on my first editable product! Thanks Mary!

    Susan
    Passioninportableland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Thanks so much for sharing this helpful info! :0)

    Smiles,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete