Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Peek at my Week - What I'm Loving & What I'm Over


I am linking up with my friend Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for her fun linky, A Peek at my Week.  As I share my plans for the upcoming week, I'm also linking up with another blogging friend, Ali from Teaching Powered by Caffeine for another fun linky, Lovin it and Over it.

 



It's summer!  There is so much to be loving right now.  Most of all, I am loving spending time with my family and friends, especially by dear nieces and nephews.  This week I'm planning to take my niece (age 19) and nephew (age 17) to see a movie.  Any recommendations?


Another thing I love about summer is my running!  Last week, I ran a four mile race with one of my best times in a long time.

This week, I have my first double digit run planned.  Knee permitting, I plan on running 10 miles on Saturday.  If that goes well, I am going to commit to running the Columbus Half Marathon.

I love to read!  This week I plan to focus on reading Word Nerds.  I've just started it, and I really like it so far.

http://images.stenhouse.com/assets/covers/200/500/word-nerds.jpg


My deck.  Last week I started a much needed power washing.  If you've ever power washed a deck, you know that it is very tedious work.  Last week, my plan was to get it washed and stained.  I ended up coming up with a million reasons not to do it.  Now, I have a half-washed deck.

This week, I am totally committing to finishing this project.  I will post a finished picture by Sunday at the latest.  I'm definitely over this look!

That's it for now.  I'm going to check out everyone else's plans and see what they're loving and what they are over.  Thank you Jennifer and Ali for hosting these fun linkies!

Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I loved Word Nerds! So many great ideas in that book. I highlighted a lot, which helped when I went back to it throughout the year. Good luck with your deck! I need to do that too....

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. My copy of Word Nerds just arrived this week too! I have to finish Reading in the Wild first, then onto Word Nerds! I'm supposed to be painting the inside of my house. I've chosen my colors and purchased paint, but I just can't get motivated to start. I blame the sun and pool...

    Susan
    Passioninportableland

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so great to be running! That is on my WISH list- to become a runner- although I KNOW wishing doesn't get it done... I know... Anyway- have a great time with your niece and nephew! We are going to see Tammy tonight. My son saw it and said it was funny- so that may be a good one! Happy Weekend! (Although in summer- every day is happy weekend, sort of!)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you convert to kilometres, you already have run double digits. Isn't that great? Congrats on your PB! Word Nerds is on my summer reading list too. First I need to finish up What's Your Math Problem!?! Have fun running 10 miles. :-)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word Nerds is on my list for this summer. The list is eleventy-hundred books long...but it's on the list.
    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, I LOVE the headers you made for my linky party! That shows commitment, baby!! ; )
    I'm so in awe of your running. I think that's FANtastic that you run 10 miles at a time. Good luck on that half marathon! (I know you said "might" do it, but I think you will anyways!) : )

    Now, for this Word Nerds business....I think I may have heard about this, but, hmmm....it looks like a prof. dev. book to me. If it's about how to teach new vocab to kids, then I may be all over this. I LOVE WORDS. But i know not everyone does, especially kids. How, oh HOW do we get them to understand the meaning of words? Let me know about this Word Nerd book when you get a moment.
    Thanks for linking up, my friend, Mary!! Have yourself a beautiful Sunday!!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete