Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Peek at my Week

I have been absent from the blogging world these past couple of days.  I am working on resurfacing my deck, and it has been very time consuming. I had planned on doing this two week ago, but the weather did not cooperate at all.  We have had lots of rain.  This has been great for the flowers, but not so much for the deck project.  This week was much better - near perfect weather Wednesday-Saturday.

Anyway, I am excited to have a chance this evening to link up with my friend, Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for her fun linky, A Peek at my Week.


Hopefully, I can finish the deck up.  My time was limited today due to several commitments, but I should be able to work on it tomorrow for most of the day. However, it looks like rain is in the forecast for the rest of the week.  I have logged in about 30 hours (counting power washing) so far from Wednesday to Saturday.  Most of the time was spent on the spindles.

I have about 100 of these.  Most have a second coat, but the floor only has one coat.

The other time-consuming part has been cutting into the lattice.  I only have one coat on this so far.  I finally bought a super small brush, and that helped speed up the process quite a bit.  Anyway, I am happy with how it looks so far.  I will definitely has a few place to "clean up" though.


When the deck is finished and/or during the rainy days, I am hoping to put a dent in my summer reading.  I at least want to finish Word Nerds and Ragweed this week.  I have used Poppy for years in guided reading groups, but for some reason, I have never read the prequel.

Product Details 

Product Details

I have a meeting on Wednesday with my partner teacher to work on planning our Native American unit.  This is one of my favorite units, so I am looking forward to this meeting.  I hope to have some new ideas to share with you.

I was allowed back into my classroom earlier this summer, but then they kept everyone out recently for about a week.  I am going to take one day this week to go in and label everything.

Those are my highlights for the upcoming week.  I am going to check out what everyone else has planned.  Thank you, Jennifer for hosting this linky!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Girl! That looks like a lot of work!! Good for you though! I'm hoping to go in to my room this week too!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete