Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Made It

It's Monday, and I'm excited to link up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for her creative linky, Monday Made It.



My first Made It was an attempt to use my Cricut.  I love this thing, but I need more practice using it.  I was inspired to make a question can by this pin from Thirty Something and Fabulous.

 

I have only used my Cricut a couple of times, but I really want to learn more.  I have seen some very cool projects using this.  Anyway, mine turned out like this.


It will definitely serve the purpose.  I can totally see myself redoing this next summer  though, once I've had more practice with the Cricut.  I am planning to fill the can with question starters to use during guided reading groups.  I also thought it would be fun to have students each write a questions, pass the can around and randomly pick one.


My second Made It is a set of syllable activities for diphthongs.  Last year, we started our word study off with the different syllable  types.  I always had students who needed some review/reinforcement, so I decided to make some activities to go with each syllable type.  They could also be used as centers if you teach a younger grade with more students who need practice.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Syllable-Centers-Diphthong-Vowel-Teams-1331726

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Syllable-Centers-Diphthong-Vowel-Teams-1331726


I am super proud of my sister for getting a new job recently.  To celebrate, we had dinner at my parents' house last night.  I was in charge of the dessert, and my sister chose Mississippi Mud.  I got the recipe from Taste of Home, and it turned out great! I did substitute a bag of mini marshmallows for the marshmallow creme that was listed in the recipe.

 Mississippi Mud Cake

I am linking up with Christy from Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road to share this recipe on her delicious linky, Eating, Drinking, and Linking, Oh My!


That's all for this week.  I can wait to check out all the other projects and recipes!  Thank you, Tara and Christy for hosting these linkies!  

3 comments:

  1. I really love the question can. It is such a great idea and then you can make sure kids are asking and answering higher level questions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Mississippi Mud is making me hungry!!! I love your Question Can. Good job with the Cricut!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some Mississippi Mud!!! YUM!!! Love the idea of the Question Can. I need to get on that!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete