Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

My New Buzzers and a Cool Spinner

I was super excited yesterday when I received a recent Amazon order.  Not only did I get some awesome books, but I also ordered these fun buzzers by Learning Resources.


Each buzzer makes a different sound, including "Boing", "Ding Dong", "Ding", and "Honk Honk".  I originally saw these a long time ago when I was reading Amanda's wonderful blog, One Extra Degree.  Earlier this week, I was reorganizing some of my pins and I remembered this awesome resource.  I plan on using these timers for whole class review games, small group activities, test prep, and any other way I can.  They are so much fun!

I found another fun resource earlier this week.  I read about an awesome timer on LeAnn's great blog, 4th Grade 4 Ever.  I loved the idea of adding music to the timer, so I went to the link she posted to check it out.  Not only did I try it out and decide to use the timer, but I also found  this cool spinner on the same site.


I tried it out with numbers, but you can put whatever you want on it.  It creates spaces for as many or as few items as you type in.  After you spin the wheel, the crowd cheers for wherever it landed.  You have the option to remove that space so it doesn't repeat.  Advertisements appear at the bottom of the screen, but that is fine with me because it is free!  Both the timer and the spinner on this site are awesome!

There are lots of other great resources on this page, including an arcade game I blogged about (but paid for) earlier.  I am super excited to get this fun game for free now!  Thank you, LeAnn!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That site looks amazing! I love the spinning wheel!! Thanks!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got those buzzers from Scholastic this past year. Oh my goodness, do we have a great time with them! Not only do we use them for games, but also for answering questions in class. My kiddos love to try and sneak where I have them stored and "accidentally" make one go off. LOL!

    I use class tools quite a bit. Each time I visit I find something new to use.
    Have a great week!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check out those buzzers. I currently use the silver 'ding' bells, but my kids keep hurting their hands because they slap down so hard on them. Love your ideas here, Mary!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just ordered the buzzers. You should get a commission!! :)

    ReplyDelete