Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Positive Thinking and Technology Thursday


Oh my!  This is my last full week of summer!  As the panic sets in, I can not help but be excited.  I feel so incredibly fortunate to have a job I love. Having said that, I have a lot left to do.  I am linking up with my friend Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings to share two teaching quotes for her fun linky, Positive Thinking Thursday.

http://mrslaffinslaughings.blogspot.com/2014/06/positive-thinking-thursday-6-26-14.html



Both of these quotes are speaking loud and clear to me right now!

Today, I'd also like to share a techie tip that will help save ink.  I am linking up with Teaching Trio for Technology Thursday.


I just love to make posters and decorations for my classroom.  The only downside to this is I seem to go through ink like crazy.  I thought of one way to save a little ink when printing editable items purchased on TPT.

If you've ever bought an editable item, you may not need everything on the page.  For example, I created some editable seasonal binders and side labels

You may only want to print one side label, but there are three on the page.


First, type in the text you want.


Next, insert a shape that will cover the parts you do not want to print.


You may have to add more than one shape, depending on the product.  If I wanted the middle label, I would have used two rectangles.  The important thing is to cover what you do not want to print.


Once the items are covered, change the Shape Fill and Shape Outline to white.


Now, you are ready to print what you need.

 

I have used this on editable products, and it has been especially helpful when one label, tool box insert, etc. gets ripped.  I only have to print the replacement and not the whole page.

I am off to check out the other positive thoughts and techie tips.  Thank you Jennifer and the Teaching Trio for hosting these two awesome linkies!

Don't forget to enter Lisa's giveaway at Mrs. Spangler in the Middle!

 

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful tip!! I had forgotten how useful that would be when I make a mistake and just need to print one of the labels. Sometimes, when things are heavy in ink and I want to print the whole thing... I upload it to the Staples Copy and Print Centre and send it there to print. Also a good tip?
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I should do that. I go through ink like crazy!

      Mary

      Delete
  2. Mary, this is so cute! I hope you visit my site through the Technology Thursday link-up. I think we wrote on very complementary topics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! Would you kindly let me know if you can reply to this? I checked my settings and everything looks fine. Hopefully it was just a glitch on the previous message.
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how expensive ink is! Your tip is especially helpful as I am printing like crazy to get ready for the new school year. I love your quotes this week, Mary! I couldn't agree with them more. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip!!! I'm glad I found your blog.

    I'm new to the blogging world. Check out my blog http://thepawsitivepencil.blogspot.com/
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you shared this! It's such a great tip!!

    ReplyDelete