Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tried it Tuesday - Planbook.com

Last week, I met with my partner teacher to plan for social studies.  When I went home to start typing up my plans, I decided to try planbook.com.  I am going to share what I think as I link up with the wonderful Holly from Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried it Tuesday.


First of all, I have tried about a million different ways to format my lesson plans.  I have used a variety of plan books and tried creating my own format many, many times.  Planbook.com gives you a month free trial, so I thought, why not try it?


My favorite feature that I saw right off the bat is the ability to click on a standard and have it added to your lesson plan.  That will save me the time of typing it myself.  It will also be nice to always have easy access to the standards when I am working on my lessons.


Another feature that I love is how easy it is to attach files and link to websites.


These are the only features I have tried so far, but there are many others.  You can "bump" your lessons for days that you don't get as far as you would like.  You can block out sections for assemblies and other events, share with other teachers, and create templates for classes.  I am looking forward to playing around with this some more.  Hopefully, I will have the hang of it by the time school starts (which is soon - August 13!)

The help page was wonderful, and I'm sure I will continue to refer to it as I play around with this some more.


I will definitely try using this program during the school year.  It will be nice to access my plans from any computer. I can have it minimized at the bottom of the screen with any videos or other sites already linked up instead of adding them every morning.  I am excited to give this a shot!

I am off to see what everyone else has tried.  Thank you, Holly for hosting this helpful linky!

5 comments:

  1. Love love love Planbook.com! I'm planning a post on it soon, too!
    ~Kristen
    Teaching Trio
    Chalk & Apples on TPT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used it last year, Mary. I really liked the standards feature too. They even have the Ontario Curriculum expectations so great for the Canadians too. I think you will love it!!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using Planbook for two years and I LOVE it. Check this out....last week I wrote to them to ask them if they were planning on changing to the new Florida Standards. I had a dialogue back and forth and within a few days they had it all switched over. They are so friendly and helpful. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. This program sounds great!! I especially like the bump feature you described, where you can bump your plans to the next day when you don't get as far as you would have liked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a few teachers at my school used it but I've haven't jumped on board yet. I'm having a hard time transitioning from a paper planner. I like to do my month view and then write out day by day... the act of writing seems to give me a sense of organization but maybe I could give it a try! It looks amazing with file links and all the standards right there!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete