Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tried it Tuesday, What I'm Loving & What I'm Over


As I'm getting as much of my to do list accomplished as I can, I am also reflecting on last year (and the many previous years).  One of the things I tried last year that I loved was posting exit tickets.  I am linking up with Holly from Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried it Tuesday to share what I think.


I have collected exit tickets for many years, but last year was the first year I had students post them on this chart.


I really liked this because I could hold all the students accountable for answering (or supplying) the question before they left.  I also know who understood the concept and who needed some additional practice.  Before using this chart, I would always get a handful of responses without names.  The board also gives me a place to store the Post-its until I can take the time to evaluate them.

This board worked great, but I decided I need to change out the sign to match the rest of my classroom (Purple, lime green, & turquoise).


You can grab this sign here, if you are interested.  How do you use exit tickets?

I am also linking up with Ali from Teaching Powered by Caffeine for her fun linky Lovin' it and Over it.



Right now I am loving hearing about the wonderful TPT conference in Las Vegas.  Thank you to all the bloggers who went and are sharing what they learned!  I have been super motivated to get things done in my TPT store.  Hopefully, I will be able to go next year!



What am I over?  I am over how fast this summer is going!  Will someone please invent a TPT product that will slow time down a little.  It would be a best seller, for sure!

Summer please slow down quote #Quotes #SummerQuotes 

I'm going to check out all the other link ups with both of these wonderful bloggers.  Thank you Holly and Ali for hosting these fun linkies!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving and over the same things!! I have learned so many tricks just in the past couple of days from people sharing!! The forum has been a great place to learn! I have only 3 weeks left until I report back! I'm not ready!!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! I like hearing about what all the teachers have learned about selling on TPT. I've never sold on there (just free stuff) but I like their tips. And yes!! Summer needs to s-l-o-w down! Thanks for linking up, Mary!
    You know what? I think I'm gonna try that ticket out the door idea. I've hear dog it, just never tried it. I like the accountability factor.

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete