Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wordless Wednesday & What I'm Wearing (July Stitch Fix)


This is my last full week of summer break.  We have two full days of staff development next week, and then we go back full time the following week.  I am definitely feeling a ton of mixed emotions!  My classroom is almost ready, and I should be able to post pictures soon.   In the meantime, I am linking up with Christina from Sugar and Spice for Wordless Wednesday to share one part that is finished.



How do you have your students sign up to share?

I am also linking up with Jivey from Ideas by Jivey for What I'm Wearing Wednesday to share my July Stitch Fix.


I am always excited to receive my Stitch Fix package, and this month was no exception.

 Fix

First up is the accessory.  I love the colors on this Liam Colrblock Enamel Bangle Set.  I have been asking for some colorful jewelry, so I was very excited to receive these.  I kept them.


Next up is the Maria Abstract Striped Maxi Skirt. 


I absolutely loved the colors and pattern on this skirt!  However, it was way too long, so I had to send it back.


 My third item is the Tyler Sheer Detail Pocket Front Tank.


Again, I loved the color!  The tank was a little long, and it didn't look quite right with shorts.  However, I loved it with jeans.  I can also see wearing this to work for a pop of color in a neutral outfit.  The bracelets I kept go perfect with this tank!


My fourth item the Wrenn V-Neck Jersey Top.

 
This top came in yet another fabulous color.  The V was a little different, and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not.  I decided that it looked better with a necklace.  This top also looked great with slacks and a cardigan for work.  Although I was uncertain about the V, the color, comfort, versatility and fit sold me on this. 

 
Finally, I received the Kellie Houndstooth Print Swing Skirt.


I loved the blue in this skirt, but I wasn't a huge fan of it mixed with the black.  When I tried on the skirt, it fell a couple inches below my knee.  This is just not a length that I can pull off.  I sent the skirt back.  As you can see, Millie agrees with me.


Overall, I was very happy with this fix.  This is the most items I have ever kept.  I will continue to provide detailed feedback and hope for that magical fix where I want to keep everything!

Finally, I want to remind everyone about the giveaway going on at Lisa's wonderful blog, Mrs. Spangler in the Middle.  Make sure to head over and enter.

 http://mrsspanglerinthemiddle.blogspot.com/2014/07/wingding-of-blogiversary.html

That's all for today.  I'm off to check out all the other link ups.  Thank you, Jivey and Christina for hosting these linkies, and thank you Lisa for hosting such an awesome giveaway!

Enjoy your final weeks/days of summer!

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Love those bracelets - adorable! I also loved that maxi skirt but I'm only 5'1 so they are always, always, always too long for me! I get students to sign up in a similar way - we use clothes pins with their number. I have signs with ribbon and they add their number if they need to conference or what to share with the class :)

    Enjoy your last full week!
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bracelets are gorgeous! I love the maxi skirt. Too bad it didn't come to me - I'm tall!!! I got a top with the exact same neckline as your blue top. It is a very flattering neckline. It will look great on you! Congrats on all of the finds!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want me to hem that skirt for you??? BWHAHAHAHA....don't worry...I'm laughing too. Me sew? That was so funny! I still love that necklace!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete