Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wordless Wednesday & What I'm Wearing


During the summer, I am able to do a lot more cooking and baking than I am during the school year.  I love to cook and bake, so I thought I'd share two of my favorite cookbooks for Wordless Wednesday.


I'm pretty sure these two balance each other out.
What is your favorite cookbook?  I am always looking for new ones.

Make sure to check out all of the other fun links on Christina's wonderful blog, Sugar and Spice.

http://secondgradesugarandspice.blogspot.com/2014/07/wordless-wednesday-july-2nd-good-morning.html?showComment=1404304791577#c8760320066892366118

Today, I am also linking up with Jivey from Ideas by Jivey for her fun linky, What I'm Wearing Wednesday.


Here is one of my favorite outfits that wore recently to watch a good friend of mine who plays in a band.


I got this dress from Modcloth.  I love this site because they have a lot of unique items at a variety of price points.  There is free shipping and free returns, so I usually order two sizes and just keep the one that fits better. 
Necklace - Silpada
Watch & Ring - Gifts












11 comments:

  1. YUM! Those cookbooks look awesome! I love those little Pillsbury or Betty Crocker cookbook magazines usually at the checkout lines. They have great pictures- and I guess I am very visual! If I can't see how it is supposed to look, I don't understand it. So- yeah, I guess I am VERY visual! :) Enjoy cooking (and eating!!!)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! The cookbooks with great pictures are the best! It's hard to get excited about a recipe when I am not sure what it is suppose to look like.

      Mary

      Delete
  2. Cute dress... love the bow in the back!
    Cooking, yes, yes, yes! Baking... oh, I'm horrible! My favorite cookbooks are a set that my mother ordered from some magazine or newspaper supplement eons ago. They are all about easy prep and 30 mins. or under cook time. One is about Minute Rice, another Cambell's soups, still another with dry salad mixes and soups... all name-brand products used in unique ways. LOVE them! I don't think they are available any longer since I never see them advertised. I think with the coming of the internet and all the recipes that are posted online, they fell out of popularity.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh!!! I love the dress! Our posts are quite similar, huh? We both enjoy baking more in the summer! (I'm not so keen on the cooking, I will admit. I used to love it, until I my too little girls got old enough to start having opinions about my food and voicing them. :) I love my tried and true church cookbooks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to start baking - I'm horrible in the kitchen haha.. Maybe I can start practicing before the school year starts?
    ~Scarlett at Speech Is Sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having more time to cook too! It's tastier and much healthier. I'm not big on cookbooks though - there's normally only a few things I like and the rest never gets made. I usually use FoodGawker.com to search for recipes and it even has a function to save your favorites. You should check it out!

    Bryce
    First Grade Stampede

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that dress, too. I'm going to check it out myself - it's a good thing we don't live near each other (I live north of Boston) - although I do wish I can have some of your delicious treats. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that dress on you, Mary! Yes...the healthy cooking absolutley cancels out the cupcakes. If you're baking them...send some my way!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that dress! How cute!! The dress on the bow is an extra bonus!! I usually wear my hair up, easier to do when trying to get my kids ready! My favorite cookbook has to be Pinterest though! We have gotten rid of so many cookbooks because I find it is easier to go through Pinterest to find something new to try!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh man. I really want to do some baking now! Cute dress!

    I am moving up to 4th grade this year so I am excited to find your blog! =)
    Ms. Smith
    Adventures of Ms. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek!! How cute is that bow on the back of the dress!? Love!!! Thanks for linking up!
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete