Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tried it Tuesday - Reducing Glare

This is week three of the new school year, and it is off to a great start!

I am linking up with Holly from Fourth Grade Flipper for her fun linky Tried it Tuesday to share one of the last things I tried this summer. 


After I hung up all the posters, etc. in my room, I noticed the glare on some of them was pretty bad.  I decided I wanted to try and do something about it, so the students could get the information they need more easily.

A while back, I pinned this from Common Core and So Much More.


I was off to Jo Ann's to get some spray paint.


I started off by spraying my 7 Habits posters because they had some of the worst glare.  I definitely saw a noticeable difference.


I went ahead and sprayed everything that I knew I would keep up all year.  The only downside was the smell.  I definitely had to leave when I was finished.  

I don't know that I will spray everything I laminate, but I will spray those items that will be displayed for a long period of time.  Some of the angles in the classroom cause the glare to be especially bad, and this seems to really help.  Thank you, Melissa for sharing this great idea!

That's all for today.  I am off to see what everyone else has tried.  Thank you, Holly for hosting this fun linky!

Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. I need to do that! A few of my must use posters have some serious glare! Thanks for the tip - I never would have thought of it!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could do that on my SmartBoard. Whoever decided on the placement of those in our classrooms was not thinking about light at all. And our curtains don't help because they are designed to let light through even when they are down. Glare is the worst.

    Brynn Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely laminate because I hate glare! I'll have to consider this as a way to make things last, but without glare. Thanks for sharing!

    Mary
    4th Works

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a helpful tip, Mary! I am in the process of setting up my room right now and am avoiding laminating certain things because of the glare. I'm heading to Hobby Lobby this weekend to get some of that spray. (BTW -- I wanted to tell you I am now up to 24 students for pen pals. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I would have never thought of this! I would have to spray them at home though. Last year I sprayed some mod podge from the can and the maintenance was so mad. Any fumes trigger an alarm system at the school! Thanks for linking up, friend!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete