Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Peer Editing Freebie

Hello Everyone!  Today I am checking in to share a freebie I used with a peer editing lesson this week.

Last week, I had a meeting with some teachers in my district to go over our plan for writing.  One of the teachers had a cute handout she used for peer editing.  I copied down the idea and created my own design.

My students now have this sheet in their writing binders.


I tried this in writing workshop yesterday, and it really seemed to help guide some conversations.  We will definitely have some upcoming lessons how to make suggestions during conferences, but overall, my students did a great job with this.

You can download this form here, if you are interested.


Have a great weekend!
Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great way to get my middle schoolers started on some good peer editing! Thanks!

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. It's simple enough for 4th graders to actually manage to do. I'm gonna try this with my kiddos when we get to writing.

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete