Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Loads of Free Power Points

Wow!  I just finished an extremely busy week.  My partner teacher and I meet with every parent from both classes for Parent/Teacher conferences.  (I teach language arts and social studies, and she teaches math and science.)  I had two full nights of conferences, two morning conferences, and one half day I had to be out for a meeting and make sub plans. 

 https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/3c/35/39/3c353933b3cf6ba89d4a58c3f51abe82.jpg

I truly enjoy meeting with parents.  I always feel I end up with a better picture of each child after conferences.  Having said that, I am so glad to have some go-to resources for these weeks when I just don't have the time to create things myself.

Today, I'd like to share one of my favorite sites for these super busy weeks, Pete's Power Point Station.

This site is loaded with free Power Points for every subjects and grade level.

When you go to the website, you will see options for many different subjects.

  
After you select a subject, you can choose to view Power Points or Free Activities for Kids.

 
Either selection will take you to a comprehensive list of topics (which keeps going down the screen).

 
After selecting your topic, you will have plenty of choices of Power Points.  (At the end of the Power Point list is a selection of Free Activities for Kids.)

Here is a slide from the one I selected.


Some of the presentations are better than others, and I generally have to check out a couple to find one that works for my grade level.  However, it is still much faster that creating them myself!

******************************************************************************

After the Power Point list, you will see Free Activities for Kids.  If you select one of these options, you will be linked to a great practice site like Funbrain.  These games are great to put on a class website and to use in the classroom for extra practice.


I still have one more night of conferences next week, so I am sure to be searching here this weekend!

Thank you, and enjoy your weekend!

1 comment: