Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Scoop

Hello Everyone!  Today, I am excited to link up with my friends over at Teaching Trio for their fun linky, Sunday Scoop.


I just finished 48 parent/teacher conferences, so this week will definitely be all about applying what I have learned about my students.  I really value the conferences as a opportunity to learn more about my students.


I am very excited  to have a three day weekend to work on some lesson plans and get a few things accomplished around the house (and relax... maybe).  We are off tomorrow as a conference comp day.  On Tuesday, we have a professional development day.  We are going on a retreat as part of our Leader in Me training.

I am looking forward to sharing some details from all three categories later in the week.  Right now, I am off to see what everyone else has planned.  Thank you, Teaching Trio, for hosting this fun linky.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. 48 conferences! Wow. That must have been informative but also exhausting. Have a great time at your retreat! I have a PD day on Tuesday, but it is about how to use data from the NWEA tests our students took. I'm sure that it will be helpful, but I'm not exactly excited about it. Have a wonderful week!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. A staff retreat! What fun! What do you do? Thanks for linking up with us!
    Juliet
    Teaching Trio
    Tech Crazy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that you have the extra time off to get to that long list! We don't get Columbus Day off here...

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  4. 48 conferences! Wow! The thing is, however, that conferences are a valuable tool. I loved meeting parents and getting to know their child from a different perspective. It often opened my eyes and gave me insights in how to deal more efficiently with certain kids. I read recently that conferences should no longer be held. We can now do everything electronically. I think that is sad. I no longer have a regular classroom, so no more conferences!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete