Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday Scoop

Wow!  This school year is flying.  Our report cards for the first trimester go home tomorrow.  I have spent a great deal of time over that past two week working on those.  I am looking forward to a Sunday where I can get a few other things done.  I am linking up with Teaching Trio for Sunday Scoop to share a few things I have planned for today.


Last year, our school tried a Parents' Night Out around the holidays.  Basically, parents dropped their children of a school for some very reasonable priced babysitting.  We offered a variety of stations for the children, including board games, karaoke, movies, BINGO, etc.  It worked out great for parents, and our school raised quite a bit of money.  I agreed to be in charge of this again.  We are in the process of collecting RSVPs, and I need to sort through those today.

Yikes!  I never made it to the grocery store yesterday.  That is a must-do today, for sure.  I am going to make some chicken stew from my favorite slow cooker cookbook.

Product Details 

Those are my day's highlights.  I am off to see what everyone else is up to.  Thank you to the Teaching Trio for hosting  this fun linky!

Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Hey, post that recipe for chicken stew some Sunday! I got a couple of goodies I might do, too! And the Parents' Night Out sounds great. I used to do that when I had my preschool. See you around! Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken stew sounds yummy! I love preparing meals in the crock pot. It makes me feel like I've really accomplished something. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must get organised and plan some of the posts I want to write too - I think I need a nice new diary for christmas to help me! Enjoy your weekend!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a forget it type dinner... that Chicken Stew sounds delish! I need to pull out some crock pot recipes for this week. My friend just made chili in the crock pot yesterday and I made a mental note to go find mine :) :)

    Sounds like you have a fun filled day/week ahead!
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been trying to find some more slow cooker recipes...thanks for sharing your favorite cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea...parent's night out! Love it and will share it at school!

    Renee from The Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chicken stew sounds so good! Maybe we need to add a section on the Sunday Scoop for a recipe! Thanks for linking up!
    ~Kristen
    Chalk & Apples
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary! Our report cards went home on Friday. It sure was nice to have a totally free weekend!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete