Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Character Awards

I hope everyone is enjoying their time off with their loved ones.  I love this time for celebrating and being with the people who mean the most to me.

Today, I would like to share one of our final projects before heading off to break.  Our final reading unit was on mysteries.  Here are the books we read.

(Our special ed teacher also worked with me on this unit.  Her students read an A to Z Mystery.)

We have been working a lot with story elements.  I really wanted to take my students further with character traits.  I decided to have them create awards to give to characters from their reading.  I found some super cute award clip art from Little Red, and created these awards.

After designing the awards, students cut them out and glued them to a piece of construction paper.

Students also had to complete a written explanation of why the character earned the award.


Students had a lot of fun producing our own award show.  Each reading group presented the awards complete with envelopes and a microphone.


I left the students' copies at school, but I will try to post a finished sample later this week.  I am sure to be in school again at some point this week.

I put the awards on a Google doc.  If you are interested, you can download them here.

Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your vacation!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Mary! Thanks so much for sharing. I hope you are having an amazing holiday! Happy New Year!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete